.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hey Fairy Godmother!

I have nothing to wear to the ball!

It is the xmas party season. My work is doing the annoying and boring "formal" evening thing. Fine, I thought when I accepted the invite, I'll just wear the most comfortable, most interesting and least formal outfit that fits and that I think I can get away with. Simple.

But in reality it is not simple at all. Would you believe I have:
1 ball dress that is too big
1 ball dress that is too small
1 cocktail dress that is too big
1 cocktail dress that is too small
2 dresses that fit, but are inappropriate (unlined black lace! what was I thinking?!)
1 borderline-formal dress that keeps falling down because the straps are broken
various other items of clothing that don't fit or don't have a partner

The thing I don't understand is that most of the clothes I tried on used to fit before...and it is not just that I have gotten fat because some of them are too big now. It looks like I have three options: sew, duct-tape, or shop. And I didn't want to spend any time or money on this!

So I am trying to do nothing about it and to not have the goal of finding something to wear, but I don't see how that is going to work. It's not like Fairy Godmother is going to magically appear with the perfect outfit.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?