.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 31, 2005

For Music Geeks: Song Reformatting

I think I first noticed it as a random link on del.icio.us a few days ago. With a title like "totally just invented the best format for music EVER" how could I ignore it? So I followed the link, was impressed and amused by the Ghostbusters theme song in list format, toyed with the idea of trying it myself, decided against, and dutifully added it to my delicious. Then I promptly forgot about it.

However, it seems the meme has spread and mutated. Today Boing Boing reports on several different versions including:
an Outlook-calendar version of Robert Smith's "Friday I'm In Love". Others worth noting: "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" in first-order predicate logic, "Love Shack" in alphabetical order, various Beatles songs in haiku, the bears in the bed song in BASIC, and John Cage's 4' 33".
So now I'm thinking, what better way to waste my time than to dig into the Asteroid Andy/Quiver/Tinpot Guru archives and reformat everything in as many different formats as possible! I might even attempt a runninghouse song.

Here is Ryan's Ghostbusters theme song:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?