.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 31, 2005

This Blog

This blog is just a place for me to record my thoughts. As such there will be periods of insightful commentary, periods of stupid quizzes, periods of moping and periods of link blasts etc. Once in a while I put effort into writing, mostly I just write what I think and feel. Expect randomness, moodiness and honesty; expect variation in quality; expect most of the posts to be crap.

I am not trying to be impress people or to write publication worthy words. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am not trying to be popular and increase the number of visitors. If that was what I wanted then I'd write about sex.

Early on I had an internal debate about whether I should have standards and censor myself. I decided a) to screw the standards and b) to not write posts about certain topics.

I am writing for myself. If other people read and comment, cool. If not, also cool.

Comments:
Lots of other people seem to treat their blog as a place where they present their thoughts and ideas in a lovely package (ie they tidy the house, polish the silverware, dress up and put on their best manners). A place to impress people and convince people. A popularity contest.

Maybe they are right, but I can't do that for very long.
 
Hmmm...I think I like the messy lived-in blogs the best.

Although I suppose if I have a messy life I should probably keep the door shut :)
 
Excellent advice. I have a closet now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?