.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, April 10, 2005

There Is A Brokenness

Amanda is right, it is very difficult to find grief poems that appeal. There are an awful lot of flowery, sickly grief poems that are probably appropriate for other people, but which make me gag. I have also learned that there are lots of poems and support groups devoted to handling the grief of a pet dying.

Anyway, tonight I found this poem. It is not exactly a grief poem, but I like it. It reminds me of the Asteroid Andy song Resonate, which had some of my favourite lyrics. I will post them when I remember them. Actually it might be a public service to post all the Asteroid Andy lyrics.

There Is A Brokenness
by Rashani (found here)
There is a brokenness
out of which comes the unbroken,
A shatteredness out of which blooms the unshatterable.
There is a sorrow
Beyond all grief which leads to joy
And a fragility
Out of which depth emerges strength.
There is a hollow space
Too vast for words
Through which we pass with each loss,
Out of whose darkness we are sanctified into being.
There is a cry deeper than all sound
Whose serrated edges cut the heart
As we break open
To the place inside which is unbreakable
And whole.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?