.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

This is a goddamned bitch of an unsatisfactory situation

"This is a goddamned bitch of an unsatisfactory situation"

This is my favourite of many excellent Brokeback Mountain quotes. It sums my life up perfectly.

I have just seen Brokeback Mountain and I am not sure what I think. It was good. I did not get bored despite the rather slow start. Yet it didn't live up to my expectations. I guess I was expecting something that would move me and it didn't. Almost...but not quite. There was something missing. I was a little disappointed.

Again. Like my life.

It was also very mainstream when I was expecting something a little edgier.

I just had a thought. Maybe I wasn't moved because my life is more emotionally absorbing and interesting than some made up story. No matter how well told. No matter how tragic and star-crossed-lover like it is.

It was a good movie though. Go see it. What's not to love about a gay cowboy?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?