.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I know I have been quiet. I have nothing to say.

For a supposedly intelligent person, Bob is a little dumb sometimes:
Still. I forgive the dumbness. After all he did introduce me to Leonard Cohen.
Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river
You can hear the boats go by
You can spend the night beside her
And you know that she's half crazy
But that's why you want to be there
And she feeds you tea and oranges
That come all the way from China
And just when you mean to tell her
That you have no love to give her
Then she gets you on her wavelength
And she lets the river answer
That you've always been her lover
And you want to travel with her
And you want to travel blind
And you know that she will trust you
For you've touched her perfect body with your mind.
~ Suzanne by Leonard Cohen


Comments:
I love me some Leonard Cohen.

So much amazing stuff.

For slightly more... melodic/accessible Leonard, I recommend 10 New Songs, from 2001. Brilliant stuff.

Strangely, somehow, Leonard Cohen makes me Happy.
 
Thanks for the recomendation!

I have one cd. It is the/a Best Of.

It makes you happy?! Strange indeed :)

I love listening to melancholy/sad/dark music. I am not sure if it makes me happy (cause I love lisntening to it) or if it makes me sad 9cause it tends to dpress my mood). Not that I have anything against a dperessed mood...it's just that it seems other people would prefer htat I was happy happy joy joy all the time.
 
It is funny how a lot of melancholy music can make you feel better at the end of it. I think it kinda depends on the mood you were in when you started...

A few of my own favourite CDs should probably be approached with some caution e.g. Joy Division's 'Closer', The Cure's 'Seventeen Seconds', Lou Reed's 'Berlin', Pink Floyd's 'Animals'...

Some of the Dunedin bands of the 1980s (e.g. Chills, Fits, Bats, JPSE) make for good, bleak listening too.
 
Hi! Just to let you know, Bright Copper Kettles has been added to a library of NZ blog links over at longwhitecloud.org.nz.

Cheers,

Rich.
 
Straightjacket fits were never depressing to me - I've always thought of most late 80's/early 90s dunedin sound music as 'jangly guitar pop'.

Like Lenoard cohen, listening to them makes me happy.

Mind you, so does stabbing westward, so, you know, my tastes can be considered to be a little skewed on this subject.
 
Maybe I just like being melancholy.

I think I like Stabbing Westward!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?