.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Music Meme version 2 (aka Why)

Dan wrote such an interesting Music Meme post. My original post now seems inadequate.

IMGP3143

Does it really matter what the names of my five influential songs are? Isn't the "why" more important than the "what?"

So here it is again in glorious detail.

Total volume of Music on my Computer

Work: 70 Kb (Moonlight Sonata Movements 1 & 3 in midi)
Home: ~40Mb

Why?
I have space issues at work. It is a struggle to keep a few gig free on my work hardrive. A few gig is not really enough though, things work a lot better if I have at least 10Gb free. The continual space struggle at work is mostly because the nature of my work requires very large volumes of data.

I have space issues at home. My computer is old. I can't really afford to upgrade it just yet.


Song playing right now

We Came Along This Road - Nick Cave

Why?

Because I recently went to a Nick Cave concert and this is one of the two Nick Cave songs I have. I thought I had The Mercy Seat, but I don't. It's a bit annoying cause I really wanted to listen to The Mercy Seat. Hearing it live, with two drummers blew me away.


Last CD I Bought

pluto - pipelineundertheocean

Why?

Because I enjoyed Plutos' album launch and new songs (especially Dance Stamina, Long White Cross and Perfectly Evil) so much that I decided to buy their new album (Pipeline Under the Ocean).


Five songs I listen to a lot/mean a lot to me

I think I will split this section into a post for each song.
* Nine Inch Nails/Johnny Cash - Hurt
* Asteroid Andy - So Cold
* Tool - H
* Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonaise

* System of A Down - Spiders

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?