.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 23, 2006

the four agreements

Wow. What an amazing book. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz is fantastic. Maybe it is just where I am at the moment and all the things I have read before this book, but I had light-bulb-flash after light-bulb-flash while reading it. And none of it is really new information either - it is jsut put togehter in a simple and concise and easily accessible way. It is a wonder I have never come across the book before. Maybe I just needed reminding now.

The book is based on Toltec wisdom and describes four agreements that you can adopt as guiding principles:
1. Be impeccable with your word.
2. Don’t take anything personally.
3. Don’t make assumptions.
4. Always do your best.

Simple, yes. Easy, hmmm...

Here is a good article about the book.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?