.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 19, 2005

Flying Carpets and Binary Star Systems

Has anyone been to Sacramento International Airport? They have a very cool carpet/art/aerial photo thing. If I had to have carpet I'd want art carpet. Anyway there are photos here. I'm sorry I can't remember which GIS blog I found this on. For some reason the number of GIS blogs seems to have grown exponentially in the past few months. I am currently subscribed to 82...and that's not including my GIS news feeds!

Then I found out from physorg.com that some researchers at the Binary Research Institute think the Earth might be a part of a binary star system. I don't know enough about astronomy to know how likely this is, but I love the idea! Archaeoastronomy is SO my thing! Here is an excerpt from the news item:
The ground-breaking and richly illustrated new book, Lost Star of Myth and Time, marries modern astronomical theory with ancient star lore to make a compelling case for the profound influence on our planet of a companion star to the sun. Author and theorist, Walter Cruttenden, presents the evidence that this binary orbit relationship may be the cause of a vast cycle causing the Dark and Golden Ages common in the lore of ancient cultures.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?