.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, June 25, 2005

IQ Tests Hurt my Brain (or I Feel Stupid)

This morning has been productively spent doing IQ tests at the International High IQ Society. The Prophet mentioned them in the comments at Zen State. Of course, I had to try them out.

I have decided that I prefer the fun tests to the real IQ tests. The fun tests don't make me grumpy. My brain used to like doing challenging IQ tests, but now it doesn't. It is so much easier to guess than to try and figure out those painful spatial problems. I wonder if the spatial questions are easier for boys? Science says they should be.

I am not as intelligent as I'd like to be so I am annoyed and jealous of the very intelligent people. I am also irritated because I HATE being completely unable to even intelligently guesstimate the answer to a question. It makes me feel stupid. On the other hand I am also quite glad that I am not exceptionally intelligent. Exceptionally intelligent people must feel even more out of place than moderately intelligent people. Or maybe not. I guess I'll never really know.

I'm sure it is important to have exceptionally intelligent people, but I can't help thinking that anyone (ie me) who wastes all that time trying to figure out the solution to meaningless/useless questions is not all that intelligent after all. There are better things to do. Like writing meaningless blog posts.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?