.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Over-Analysis vs Intuition

I wonder if I am over-analysing things. Most likely.

I tend to be over-sensitive to "vibes" from people and situations, so when something or someone seems weird I over-react and try to figure out why the vibe was weird and I get all defensive and reserved.

Why am I thinking about this?

Well I got a very weird vibe from a situation the other day. Very strong. Very uncomfortable. I told myself to just ignore it, and I did and nothing bad happened although I was uncomfortable throughout the remainder of the situation. But now I am thinking about it again because there is a possible repeat.

I know better than to ignore my intuition. I just need to figure out how to handle it in advance. Walking out is one option, shutting everyone and everything out is another option, any other suggestions?


Comments:
Intuition is there for a reason. I doubt that there is much going on in our minds that wasn't designed by evolution for one purpose or another. And if you often have powerful vibes, and they're often right, perhaps it's not a bad idea to give them some sort of credence.
 
It's called 'paralysis by analysis' in economic circles. Don't think too much.
 
Good advice. Thanks Ruth!

I get carried away analysing things.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?