.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 28, 2005

Politics: A Strange and Funny Insect from Another Galaxy

Some of you may know that I have trying to force myself to take an interest in politics. NZ politics in particular.

There are several reasons for this:
  1. I am bored. Recovering from an operation is not as exciting as I thought it would be.
  2. I have a feeling I might find politics interesting.
  3. Apparently there is an election this year. I want to be relatively well informed before voting.
My brain is still a little fried from all those drugs they fed me so I am starting slowly. Starting slowly means surfing the net (and allowing myself to get distracted and take detours) and semi-regularly reading a few political blogs.

It is interesting, but not in the way it probably should be....I'm actually finding it all rather amusing: people argue about silly things, they make personal and rude comments about each other, some people don't seem to think logically etc. It all seems vaguely childish, but I'm sure there is some deeper meaning I am missing.

The strange thing is that it seems that people interested in politics seem to be on a completely different wavelength to me. I didn't think I was that out of touch with reality (although perhaps they are the ones that are out of touch).

For example, the joke about Helen Clark's plane call sign being Broomstick One. Um. Yeah. I get how it could be hilarious to some people, but ummm...what's wrong with being a witch? A witch is a good thing to be. I want to be an Air Witch.


Air Witch Joke via Labour Scandals

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?